Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- All provisions apply to employers with fewer than 500 employees, but employers with fewer than 50 employees may later be deemed exempt if the regulations will jeopardize the business’s viability.
- Emergency Paid Leave Policy
- All employees of employers with fewer than 500 employees, regardless of the length of their tenure with their employer, are eligible for paid sick leave under the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act.
- Full-time employees receive 80 hours of paid sick leave. Part-time employees receive the equivalent of the number of hours they would work, on average, during a two-week period.
- Eligible employees will receive paid sick leave at their regular rate, except that in no event shall the amount paid exceed $511 per day and $5,110 in total.
- All eligible employees may use paid sick time beginning on April 2. Employers may not require eligible employees to first use other paid leave provided by the employer before using paid sick leave under the Act, so this leave is in addition to any paid sick leave or PTO currently provided by employers.
- Employers must post a notice that advises employees of their rights under the Act. The Secretary of Labor is required to create a notice by March 25.
- Fact sheet for employees
- Fact sheet for employers
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act FAQs