Leadership Lackawanna Awards Scholarships
Each year, Leadership Lackawanna awards scholarships to qualified candidates who need assistance paying tuition. Typically, these funds are set aside for individuals from non-profit organizations or who are sole proprietors. Due to the generosity of past donors, different scholarship funds have been established and continue to make a significant impact in our community each year.
The scholarship recipients for the Core Program Class of 2019-2020 are as follows:
- Jasmine Ahuja of Jasmine Ahuja Realty received the William P. Rinaldi Leadership Lackawanna Fund scholarship.
- Meghan Burns of the Greater Scranton YMCA received the Karen O’Connell Welles Leadership Lackawanna Fund scholarship.
- Mary Endrusick of NeighborWorks Northeastern PA received the Margaret Briggs Leadership Lackawanna Fund scholarship.
- Aubrey Fick received the H. Leigh Woehling Leadership Lackawanna Fund and The William W. and Mary L. Scranton Leadership Lackawanna Fund
- Maura Mark of United Neighborhood Centers of NEPA received the Government Leadership Award of the Scranton Area Foundation, Inc.
- Cara Sherman of United Neighborhood Centers of NEPA received the Margaret Briggs Leadership Lackawanna Fund scholarship.