Clarks Summit Senior Living Seeks Food Service Director
Clarks Summit Senior Living is seeking a Food and Beverage Director to join its team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages food supplies and personnel to ensure that operations for areas of responsibility are performed efficiently within established budget and in compliance with local, state and federal health regulations and Five Star policies, procedures and quality standards.
Supervises department employees which includes:
- Assumes responsibility for recruiting, selecting, orientation and training competent department personnel
- Evaluates employee performance and makes recommendations to the Executive Director concerning wage and salary adjustments, hiring, terminations and transfers. Monitors and corrects job performance of employees through progressive discipline.
- Ensures all employee paperwork, evaluations, payroll, and documentation is completed in a timely manner and reviewed/approved by the Executive Director before proceeding.
- Schedules department working hours, personnel, and work assignments to maintain quality service. Receives call outs and finds replacements for absent staff. Authorizes overtime as necessary. Reviews time records. Maintains attendance records.
- Ensures staff turnover is minimized and meets annualized percent goal.
- Educational preparation at a level appropriate to assure fulfillment of essential duties.
- Experience and/or training in nutrition, food preparation, safe food handling techniques and food service management required.
- Prefer two (2) years of food service supervisory experience in a restaurant setting focusing on food management, cost control and presentation.
- Computer skills are desired for food ordering, email, and report development/tracking.
- Must pass State and Company criminal background check.
- Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Stop in to fill out an application or apply at https://careers.fivestarseniorliving.com/jobs-by-facility/clarks-summit-senior-living/