Picking the Right Photo for Your Application
With the long Labor Day weekend on the horizon, it might be a good time for you to go through your photos to decide what to submit with your 2017 SAGE Award application. Here are a few tips to help you choose what’s best:
- Section 4 of the application requires submission of three digital photos, as they relate to the award applied for. For example, pictures relating to the Best Practices in Customer Service award should show customers and/or service in action. Show off your business even more with your photos! This is another great way to display your actions and accomplishments.
- Photos should be 300 dpi resolution in .eps, .ai, .jpg or .pdf format. DPI stands for “dots per inch” which, in this case, means printer dots per inch. Since digital photos are made up of pixels, we want the highest resolution possible.
- Do not email your photos! Mail all photos, attachments and the application to The Greater Scranton Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 431, Scranton, PA 18501.
- Submit CD-Roms and/or flash drives.
- Cell phone photos and camera cards are not acceptable. This is because cell phone photos do not print well and are often blurred when the format is changed. The best photos are taken with a camera. Camera cards are different for each camera, therefore we may not be able to transfer all different types to our computers. Your best bet is to transfer them to a CD-Rom or a flash drive for submission.
- Please submit a digital copy of your logo along with all necessary photos—also 300 dpi resolution in .eps, .ai, .jpg or .pdf format.
“When in doubt, or if you have some confusion about SAGE Award application photos – just call the Chamber,” said Nicole A. Morristell, SAGE Award coordinator.
For more information on which photos are acceptable, read over Section 4 on the SAGE Award application. Applications are available by clicking here.
Remember, the deadline for applications is Friday, Sept. 15, at 4 p.m.